Sunday 5 October 2014

Walking in an old town

Hi, guys. Today, I want to share my experience in an beautiful old town—Lijiang. The old town of Lijiang was listed as  The UNESCO World Cultural Heritage in 1997 and in  2007 awarded prize in Asia-pacific cultural relics protection. Lijaing is also called ”the city of  affair”, it means single people will always meet someone here and maybe married after this trip. But it was not happened to me. 
Anyway, I will write my schedule, you can reference from this and plan a better trip than me.



Day 1

I arrived at 6pm and check in an traditional inn. There are lots of different inn to receive customers. It also cheap than hotel, about $40-$50 per night. The householder design their inn and maybe hold party in the yard. I explored this old town in the night, but it was raining outside and stone road is slippery. So I came back to the inn and join the party in the yard.
                               The yard of inn

                              Front door of inn

                                Raining night
Day 2

After a good breakfast, I started explore the old town. A local old person told to me that I was easily to lost in this old town even having the map. He said I should walk along the stream. And walk along the water is into the city,  walk against the water  is out of the city, that easy to find the current way. During the lunch, I met two friendly girls and they were happy to play with me.  We went to the Bar Street at night. The bar street was crowded  and beautiful.

   Peaceful street                                                                                  Two friendly girls


















                                           

                               


                            The bar street



Day 3

We riding horse to a mountain and find a secret stream in there. We ate lunch at a friendly local family and got traditional gift from their son. When we  in the came back way, we saw the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Some  famous  love stories happened in this mountain. But I don’t have enough time to climb it. I leaved this old town at that day.
                                     A secret stream

                             Lijiang Town




Recommendations:

Staying at least six days to explore this town.

Living in traditional inn rather than hotel.

Taking thick clothes if it in summer.

Visiting the bar street (free to go in, drinks are expense).


Try to climb the Fade Dragon Snow Mountain.



                      POST BY: SHAN LIU

No comments:

Post a Comment